You hear it so often because it is so important: the basement needs waterproofing services! Without waterproofing, the basement becomes an open ground for water and moisture buildup that can breed mold and mildew, cause wood to rot, and even foundation damage. If you notice issues of this nature occurring in your basement, it is imperative to phone professionals to schedule an appointment for wet basement repair immediately.
A soggy, sappy bathroom is a gruesome sight to see, don’t you agree? Sadly, they’re dangers that are all too familiar to many homeowners that waited too late to waterproof their basement. Even worse, there are so many other problems that accompany a damp basement that you certainly do not want to experience. These dangers include:
· Smell: The musty odor that is noted so often inside of a basement is caused by water buildup and moisture. It is certainly not a smell you want to remember. The smell makes it nearly impossible to stay in the room for long periods of time and can cause many problems with the upper respiratory tract.
· Foundation Damage: The foundation is the most important piece of your home. Without it, the home has nothing and will not stand in place. Foundation damage can cost thousands of dollars to repair, not to mention a ton of headache and frustration.
· Health Problems: Breathing problems, increased allergens in the home, and many other health concerns arise when there are wetness/dampness concerns. These problems are considerably greater for children and elderly people.
· Unusable Space: Mold and mildew growth prevent the basement from being used, and you’re missing out on a ton of space in such occurrence.
· Structural Damage: Structural damage causes the doors to improperly function, brown and yellow stains on the ceiling and walls, uneven baseboards, and other concerns.
These issues are among the top dangers associated with allowing the basement to remain wet or damp. There are many other concerns that also come along with a wet or moist basement, all just as worrisome as those listed above. Rather than endure the frustrations these problems bring with them, call a professional to initiate wet basement repair at the first sign of trouble. The sooner you pick up the phone and make the call, the sooner you can regain your peace of mind.